Hanged Man's Elegy Hanged Man's Elegy

Awesome visuals and narrative, bad music

This is an excellent example of great visuals and a story told very well. However, the music did not fit at all. The 19th century setting, cemetery, and candle-lit room all really called for something more classical and moving, even if it may seem like the hard rock fits with the dark tone.

Under the Mistletoe Under the Mistletoe

Great little cartoon.

I loved the style for the character (talk about hippy :) ) and all of the great background work. One thing I have to note is the lack of interactivity such as a menu with Play feature (which is good for people that leave it loading and come back only to find the animation ended) and active links for the URLs at the end. I visited both sites anyway but lazier users won't bother.

Overall a funny animation. Great job.

sue-houston responds:

You're right about the buttons. I will definately include those next time..
Thanks for the comments!

One o'Clock Jump One o'Clock Jump

A quality collaboration.

It's great to see a quality collaboration pull away from the usual stuff. Loved the unique styles to each segment, the music was upbeat and fit well with this type of cartoon, and it all blended together quite well. Good work.

Where do clams come from Where do clams come from

A nice throw-back to stuff from the 30s.

The title was intrigueing enough to get me to watch it, and I'm glad I did. The story is set up nicely and animation carries it well, complemented by the Irish tune. The film reminds me of the weird black and white shorts that were released back in the 30s, especially with the Olive Oyle-esque girl. Great work.